Have you ever heard the expression, “If you don’t brush your teeth they will fall out of your head?” If so, you should know that isn’t entirely false. If you don’t brush your teeth at least twice a day, you are allowing more than 600 types of bacteria to fester on your enamel. This is what causes tooth decay that can eventually lead to tooth loss if left untreated. To keep your permanent teeth for a lifetime, our doctors at All Coast Dental would like you to utilize these powerful brushing tips the next time you step in front of the bathroom sink.
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle against the gums.
- Move the brush back and forth in a circular motion in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
- Brush the outer tooth surfaces, the inner tooth surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- Use the tip of the brush to clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, using a gentle up-and-down stroke.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria.
If you have further questions about oral hygiene, please give us a call. To learn more about the services we provide at our practice, visit www.allcoastdental.net for more information. To schedule an appointment with one of our doctors at All Coast Dental in Pacific Beach, CA, call 858-270-4909.